A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I need lyrics and song name

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lottie47 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lottie47 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: I need lyrics and song name
    Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 1:56pm
I am new and I hope I am doing this right.  My name is Alice and I am from Texas. Anyway, my dad used to sing this song and I loved it.  All I can remember is parts of it. 

I often boost and say .  I've scarified alot of things to walk the narrow way.  I gave up fame and forgin , I'm worth alot to thy , and then I heard him say so patiently . If just a cup of water I place within your hand then just a cup of water is all that I demand.  But if by death to living, I then thy glory see, I'll take my cross and follow close to thee

I know this isn't much to go on but I really wish to find this song.  My sister gave all my mom's song books to a mission when she died, and I can't remember which of the books it was in.  Thank you and have a blessed day.
GospelSinger View Drop Down

Quote GospelSinger Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 May 2009 at 5:29pm
The song is:  FOLLOW ME   by Ira Stanphil  (one of my favorites - both song and writer.)  May our Good Lord bless you abundantly!  If it were not packed awaiting my move in 2 months, I could scan the music.  Check the book publ by Gospel Publishing House, abt 1961, it has 3 crosses on the front.   My cover is red.  But I have forgotten the title of the book!  I am guessing page 214, or 220.

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12"><>

FOLLOW ME       Eb     4/4     ( (c) 1953)    

W & M by Ira Stanphill 

1. I traveled down a lonely road, and no one seemed to care,

The burden on my weary back had bowed me to despair;

I oft complained to Jesus How folks were treating me,

And then I heard him say so tenderly:

"My feet were also weary upon the Calvary road,

My cross became so heavy, I fell beneath the load;

Be faithful, weary pilgrim, the morning I can see,

Just lift your cross and follow close to me."

2. "I work so hard for Jesus," I often boast and say,

"I've sacrificed a lot of things to walk the narrow way,

I gave up fame and fortune,; I'm worth a lot to Thee,"

And then I hear Him gently say to me,

"I left the throne of glory And counted it but loss,

My hands were nail'd in anger Upon a cruel cross,

But now we'll make the journey with your hand safe in mine,

So lift your cross and follow close to me."

3. Oh, Jesus, If I die upon a foreign field some day,

'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay;

"No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die,"

And the I heard Him gently say to me:

"If just a cup of water I place within your hands,

Then just a cup of water is all that I demand;"

But if by death to living they can thy glory see,

(Then) I'll take my cross and follow close to thee.

I have lyrics to a large number of Public Domain Songs.
shellybear_66 View Drop Down

Quote shellybear_66 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 2:27pm
k
leckerson View Drop Down

Quote leckerson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:36am
< -cfasync="false" ="text/">if (typeof $ezJQuery == 'undefined') { if (typeof jQuery == 'undefined') { document.write(''); } else { $ezJQuery = jQuery; } } if (typeof $ezJQuery == 'undefined' && typeof jQuery != 'undefined') { $ezJQuery = jQuery.noConflict(true); } if (typeof $ezJQuery != 'undefined') { $ezJQuery("body").mousemove(function(e){ ez_last_activity_count = ez_tos_track_count; }); $ezJQuery("body").keypress(function(e){ ez_last_activity_count = ez_tos_track_count; }); $ezJQuery(window).scroll(function(e){ ez_last_activity_count = ez_tos_track_count; }); } else { ez_last_activity_count = 8; } This Hymnal is titled "Melodies of Praise." 
Below is a pic:

leckerson View Drop Down

Quote leckerson Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 5:49am

< -cfasync="false" ="text/">if (typeof $ezJQuery == 'undefined') { if (typeof jQuery == 'undefined') { document.write(''); } else { $ezJQuery = jQuery; } } if (typeof $ezJQuery == 'undefined' && typeof jQuery != 'undefined') { $ezJQuery = jQuery.noConflict(true); } if (typeof $ezJQuery != 'undefined') { $ezJQuery("body").mousemove(function(e){ ez_last_activity_count = ez_tos_track_count; }); $ezJQuery("body").keypress(function(e){ ez_last_activity_count = ez_tos_track_count; }); $ezJQuery(window).scroll(function(e){ ez_last_activity_count = ez_tos_track_count; }); } else { ez_last_activity_count = 8; } < ="text/" ="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.0.2/jquery.min.js">
bettylu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bettylu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 3:37am
titleist ap2 After being a member of the 1946 . team, Fako went to Springfield College. While in college he served as captain of the . team. He went on to a long career in the Ridgefield school system, where he coached the . team for 35 years. He was inducted as National Coach of the Year in 1992 and was honored as National District of the Year for five years.

taylormade rbz Prchal is the younger brother of Quinn Prchal, a 2012 graduate of Glenbrook South. Quinn Prchal tied for fourth at the Class 3A state tournament as a senior in 2011. The next summer, he won the Illinois State Amateur before going to college at Princeton, where he plays ..

titleist 915 . For families, Twin Lakes Park — with its playground, baseball diamonds and football and soccer fields — is just to the east, on the other side of I-75. Ashton Elementary and Sarasota Middle are within easy driving distance. Riverview is the district high school.

Scotty Cameron I often find myself thinking about the game of . and its rules. And I would definitely change a few of them.

http://www..clubausonline.com/
MaggieZ58 View Drop Down

Quote MaggieZ58 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 12:16am
Hi i'm Maggie, I am in search of a song that contains the lyrics
" you can't make me doubt what I believe ". Can anyone help me find the name and lyrics to this song?
Thank you so much and God bless you!!!!!
To the world I'm one person but, to one person on the world. Mags
MaggieZ58 View Drop Down

Quote MaggieZ58 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 12:19am
Hi I'm Maggie and I'm new here.
I'm not sure how this really works but, I'm looking for the name and the lyrics of a song that contain the words, "You can't make me doubt what I believe." Can anyone help me find this song?
Thank you and God Bless You!!!
To the world I'm one person but, to one person on the world. Mags
 Post Reply Post Reply